12 Sep 4 Signs You’ve Outgrown Your Point of Sale
Do you get the itch to upgrade to a new smartphone every few years? American consumers tend to prefer the newest products – and the latest technology. Should you as a small to mid-size business owner adopt the same mindset regarding your Point of Sale?
Newer isn’t necessarily always better. But, when it comes to your Point of Sale system, there are many potential benefits to upgrading your approach. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, it may be time to update your POS system.
1. Limited Integration Features
You shouldn’t have to jump back and forth between multiple programs just to complete everyday business and managerial tasks. A streamlined process can help you operate more efficiently. Here are a few integrations you ought to consider (info gathered from Small Biz Trends):
– An Email Marketing Platform: with an average ROI of $38 for every $1 spent, email marketing is the easiest way to garner customer loyalty and sales. Getting those email addresses means you always have a way to stay in touch.
– Accounting Software: The National Small Business Association cites that time-consuming accounting tasks eat up between two and three weeks of full-time work per year. When your POS and accounting software are integrated, you’re easily able to see what works for your business and what doesn’t.
– Customer Loyalty and Experience: Increasing customer retention rates by 5% increases profits by 25% to 95% And by storing customer data and purchase history to personalize the customer’s experience, you’re increasing the odds of customer retention.
It’s important to choose a POS that suits your industry. For example, if you’re in landscaping or in-home services, you might want to integrate mobile POS, so you can accept payments on the go. Identify your need and choose the processor that gives a customized solution at a competitive price.
2. Incomplete Reporting
Do you know which items are flying off your shelves? What about sales by employee, product, and department? Does your POS provide key employee information, like schedule tracking?
Most POS systems will have standard reports you can run. If you’re considering upgrading your POS, look for one with reporting on branch, product, rep, or even customers. Paying attention to your data can help you generate leads and sales.
3. Outdated Payment Processing
Sure, the older terminal models are reliable and built like a tank. But upgrading to current technology can save you money each month, and can make batching out much easier and faster. Another important thing to look for is a POS that can accept chip cards. For more information on why chip cards are safer for you and your customers, check out our article, EMV – A Business Owner’s Guide.
4. Customer Service that Makes You Groan
Unfortunately, the credit card processing industry isn’t known for excellent customer service. You probably expect to talk to a robot or pre-recorded message when you call your processor. But just because that’s what DOES happen, doesn’t mean it’s what SHOULD happen. Here’s what SHOULD happen when you call customer support.
That’s why every POS system should have:
- – Live online chat for simple and/or concise questions
- – A dedicated Relationship Manager who knows your account, and won’t pass you around from department to department
- – Educational materials on their website, including articles, videos and more.
Careful research and attention to your specific reporting needs can help your business run more efficiently, whether you operate in the B2B or B2C world. And if you’re experiencing any of the issues described above, it may be time to consider your options. We’d be happy to take a look at your business’s needs – and see if we can provide a solution that can help you grow your business. Contact BASYS Processing today!
BASYS Processing as a business partner
Does your current processor help you understand the ins and outs of the process? Do they provide great rates and excellent customer service? Are they being pro-active about helping you reduce your risk, increase your savings, and offering solutions to grow your business? Let’s talk about creating a true business partnership that will help you meet and exceed your goals for accepting credit cards and other payments. We make accepting debit cards and credit cards convenient, safe & affordable.
BASYS Processing features:
– Live operator when you call support – no automated voice systems
– Dedicated Relationship Manager for questions and concerns
– Quick response time for your questions and concerns; you are a priority
– Family owned since our founding in 2002
– A+ BBB rating
– 90% + Customer Retention Rate
– Proactive contact with every merchant to walk through the annual PCI process
– In-house PCI Team to assist with questions and concerns
– Solutions including terminals, virtual terminals, e-commerce, mobile, and point of sale
– EMV compliant products
– Reporting for customer, sales, and inventory management
– Gift and loyalty card programs
– Easy-to-read statements
– Transparent pricing
– Tremendous savings
About BASYS Processing
BASYS Processing provides credit card and debit card processing services, and solutions that include terminals, virtual terminals, e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale, customized to fit any need. Banks, associations, and software partners depend on us to strengthen their reputations and relationships with their customers by providing remarkable service paired with ultimate flexibility and pricing. Merchants depend on us to make accepting credit cards and debit cards convenient, safe & affordable. BASYS was founded in 2002 on one philosophy: to take care of our merchants, partners, and employees so they never want to leave. We are dedicated to working one-on-one with our customers to design the perfect solution. BASYS is Personalized Payment Processing.
Learn more at basyspro.com, and connect with us online at: