06 Oct American Express Launches New Shop Small Studio
NEW YORK, October 6, 2016 — With holiday shopping season kicking off next month, American Express today announced its plans to help small business owners get ready for Small Business Saturday, which takes place the Saturday after Thanksgiving, November 26th. Small businesses — from the cozy bistro on the corner to the go-to boutique for unique gifts — can now take advantage of even more free resources, customizable materials, and educational content from American Express to help them prepare for the day and a successful holiday season during this critical shopping period.
“Our ultimate goal is to help small businesses do more business – and for Small Business Saturday, that includes arming them with the tools to help make the day a success,” said Amy Marino, Vice President and Head of Small Business Saturday at American Express. “This year we are collaborating with small business experts, entrepreneurs and influencers to create bite-size digital content and easy-to-customize marketing materials to help small business owners attract more customers, drive sales and feel the love from shoppers on November 26th.”
Founded by American Express in 2010, Small Business Saturday supports the independently-owned businesses that help create jobs and help make local economies thrive. For many of these businesses, Small Business Saturday marks the unofficial kickoff to their busiest shopping season. According to the 2015 Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey, more than 95 million consumers shopped at small businesses on Small Business Saturday, marking an eight percent increase from 2014.1
Introducing the Shop Small Studio and “SBS 101”
In just a few clicks (including agreeing to terms of participation), small business owners can now create customizable print and digital marketing assets and download them for free to promote their businesses and Small Business Saturday events at ShopSmall.com. Available resources at the Shop Small Studio include:
– Event Flyers and Posters
– Save The Dates
– Website Badges
– Facebook and Twitter Cover Photos
– Social Media Assets
ShopSmall.com will also include a multi-media content hub, called Small Business Saturday 101 or “SBS 101”, featuring how-to guides, and tips and insights from small business owners and influencers. “SBS 101” is designed to educate, prepare and inspire small business owners to participate in Small Business Saturday through videos, articles, infographics and more.
To share their secrets, American Express has enlisted the help and insights of well-known entrepreneurs, including:
– Ashleigh Dempster – Founder of children’s footwear line and online boutique AKID, @akidbrand, shares tips on getting an early start on Small Business Saturday initiatives, planning supplemental gifts with purchase and other incentives to encourage repeat customers.
– Katelyn Fisher – Owner of a DIY cake decorating studio, @duffscakemix, shares tips on how shops can decorate their existing space with the help of free downloadable marketing materials available at the Shop Small Studio.
Hands-on Boot Camps Rally and Equip Small Business Owners Around the U.S.
New this year, American Express will host three Small Business Saturday Boot Camps throughout October. Each Boot Camp focuses on how small business owners can excite their customers and market their business on Small Business Saturday to maximize their presence throughout the entire holiday shopping season through:
– A how-to workshop led by Rhonda Abrams, President and Founder of The Planning Shop and author of Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies
– An interactive panel with local small business owners and community leaders sharing real stories about what works for them on Small Business Saturday
– An on-site Shop Small Studio experience where attendees will have the opportunity to create custom marketing materials to get their businesses ready
The Boot Camps will take place in Chicago, New York City and San Francisco:
– Chicago – 10/18 from 4-7pm at 78 E Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602
– New York City – 10/20 from 4-7pm at 246 Fifth Avenue, 2ndfloor, New York, NY 10001
– San Francisco – 10/27 from 4-7pm at 100 Montgomery Street, Suite 1650 (16thfloor), San Francisco, CA 94104
Space is limited. Additional information about Boot Camps is available at ShopSmall.com.
Neighborhood Champions Ignite Communities to Get Excited and Prepared for Small Business Saturday
Nearly 3,000 Neighborhood Champions have already pledged to rally their communities to participate in Small Business Saturday this year. The Neighborhood Champion Program encourages small business owners, individuals, and community organizations to work with their local small businesses to organize and host events on Small Business Saturday each year. Neighborhood Champions can get free
Shop Small® branded merchandise such as tote bags, banners, pens, and balloons while supplies last to help promote and draw attention to their Small Business Saturday events. Neighborhood Champions also have access to turnkey event guides inspired by past celebrations. To become a Neighborhood Champion, apply at ShopSmall.com/Rally now through November 11th.
About Small Business Saturday
November 26th is the seventh annual Small Business Saturday. Dedicated to supporting local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy, and preserve neighborhoods around the country, Small Business Saturday was created by American Express in 2010 in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: getting more customers.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express,twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
1 Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey by National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) and American Express. (November 30, 2015, November 30, 2014). Based on consumer self-reported data and does not reflect actual receipts or sales.
2 To learn more about Small Business Saturday merchandise for small business owners, please visit www.shopsmall.com/getready. Merchandise applications will close on 11/11. While supplies last.
BASYS Processing as a business partner
Does your current processor help you understand the ins and outs of the process? Do they provide great rates and excellent customer service? Are they being pro-active about helping you reduce your risk, increase your savings, and offering solutions to grow your business? Let’s talk about creating a true business partnership that will help you meet and exceed your goals for accepting credit cards and other payments. We make accepting debit cards and credit cards convenient, safe & affordable.
BASYS Processing features:
– Live operator when you call support – no automated voice systems
– Dedicated Relationship Manager for questions and concerns
– Quick response time for your questions and concerns; you are a priority
– Family owned since our founding in 2002
– A+ BBB rating
– 90% + Customer Retention Rate
– Proactive contact with every merchant to walk through the annual PCI process
– In-house PCI Team to assist with questions and concerns
– Solutions including terminals, virtual terminals, e-commerce, mobile, and point of sale
– EMV compliant products
– Reporting for customer, sales, and inventory management
– Gift and loyalty card programs
– Easy-to-read statements
– Transparent pricing
– Tremendous savings
About BASYS Processing
BASYS Processing provides credit card and debit card processing services, and solutions that include terminals, virtual terminals, e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale, customized to fit any need. Banks, associations, and software partners depend on us to strengthen their reputations and relationships with their customers by providing remarkable service paired with ultimate flexibility and pricing. Merchants depend on us to make accepting credit cards and debit cards convenient, safe & affordable. BASYS was founded in 2002 on one philosophy: to take care of our merchants, partners, and employees so they never want to leave. We are dedicated to working one-on-one with our customers to design the perfect solution. BASYS is Personalized Payment Processing.
Learn more at basyspro.com, and connect with us online at: