16 Aug [INFOGRAPHIC] 4 Tips to Prevent Fraud and How the BASYS Risk Department Will Help
Consumers prefer cards over all other forms of payment, making accepting cards necessary for most businesses. But accepting cards comes with additional risk. Fortunately, there are things that you can do and tools you can use to minimize losses and improve security.
For a more in-depth look at how to prevent fraud, click here to read the full blog post.
4 Tips to Prevent Fraud
1. Prevent fraud before the sale with EMV chip technology.
2. Implement card-not-present fraud measures like CVV (or CVC), CAPTCHA, and Address Verification Service (AVS).
3. Protect against mixed-cart fraud by limiting gift card values, requiring manual reviews, and implementing email verification.
4. Limit chargeback fraud by properly processing transactions, adjusting receipts, focusing on customer service, and implementing a fraud prevention program.
Benefits of the BASYS Risk Department:
• A targeted focus on all risk cases and periodic reviews with merchants.
• A proactive approach to helping keep your business out of reviews.
• A fast resolution time for review completion.
We help our partners and merchants by:
• Helping mitigate risk by reviewing transactions.
• Resolving risk cases quickly when risk cases arise.
• Proactively working to avoid funding holds.Accepting cards is necessary for most businesses, but doing so comes with additional risk. Fortunately, there are things you can do to help. Here are 4 tips to help you prevent fraud.Click To Tweet
BASYS Processing as a business partner
If your processor isn’t delivering top-notch customer service and strategies to help grow your merchant services revenue, please call BASYS Processing at (800) 386-0711 or enter some basic information in the form below. Let’s talk about creating a true business partnership that will help you meet and exceed your goals.