14 Aug What’s the Deal with the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse
What’s the Deal with the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse?
7 Facts about the Aug. 21, 2017 Total Solar Eclipse
1. This will be the first total solar eclipse in the continental U.S. in 38 years. The last one occurred February 26, 1979.
2. Totality crosses only through the US, no other country. It has been coined the “Great American Eclipse”.
3. Everyone in the continental U.S. will see at least a partial eclipse. This eclipse will be the most-viewed LIVE ever! More than 500 million people in the US, Canada and Mexico will have opportunity to see a partial eclipse.
4. The path where the Sun is totally eclipsed runs through Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and North and South Carolina. More than 10 million people are in the path of totality and 28 million people live within 60 miles of the path.
6. State Capitals in the path: Salem, OR (pop.=157,000); Jefferson City, MO (pop.=43,000); Nashville, TN (pop.=609,000); and Columbia, SC (pop.=132,000)
7. It is never safe to look at the Sun without proper eye protection. The only safe way to view a partial or annular eclipse is using a projection of the Sun (such as a pinhole projector). Filtered views of the Sun (such as eclipse glasses) can be safe too but the equipment must be properly filtered and correctly used.
You may experience strange things. Apparent nightfall, dusk to dawn lights may come on. Shadows will look eerie. Breezes may vanish and birds may come in to roost. A 10°–15° F drop in temperature is not unusual. is not unusual.
Credit to: missourieclipse2017.com. Adapted from posts by Michael Bakich, Astronomy Magazine
About BASYS Processing
BASYS Processing provides credit card and debit card processing services, and solutions that include terminals, virtual terminals, e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale; customized to fit any need. Banks, associations, and software partners depend on us to strengthen their reputations and relationships with their customers by providing remarkable service paired with ultimate flexibility and pricing. Merchants depend on us to make accepting credit cards and debit cards convenient, safe & affordable. BASYS was founded in 2002 on one philosophy: to take care of our merchants, partners, and employees so they never want to leave. We are dedicated to working one-on-one with our customers to design the perfect solution. BASYS is Personalized Payment Processing.
Learn more at basyspro.com, and connect with us online at: