09 Jan 4 Features Your Payment Gateway API Should Have
If you’re an independent software vendor (ISV) or software as a service (SaaS) provider, your customers expect to run their business from one convenient, central hub—your software. That means, marketing automation, reporting, customer management, and payments.
The right payment gateway API will increase convenience and value for customers while providing additional growth opportunities for your own company. But what is a payment gateway API exactly, and how do you know which one is a good fit?
What is a payment gateway API?
An application program interface (API) enables easy integration of applications. A payment gateway API integrates with your existing software to allow a seamless checkout experience. The alternative to an API is a 3rd party checkout page (i.e., where a customer is redirected to PayPal). APIs give you greater control of the checkout experience, and let your customers accept payments from their OWN customers directly in your software. Here are 4 features your payment gateway API should have:
1. Seamless Integration
From the perspective of developers working with a payment processing API, straightforward integration, short development times, and comprehensive developer support are all vital to create a seamless experience.
Throughout the integration process, interaction between your processor’s implementation team and your own development team should be frequent. Extensive and user friendly payment gateway API documentation will prevent headaches for your team and give you easy access to additional functionality.
Finally, you’ll want access to an efficient sandbox environment that allows your developers to test new features and safely address any issues. Ask any potential processor about a test sandbox account before moving forward.
2. World-Class Support
It’s inevitable. Both your development team AND your clients will need to contact customer support at some point, whether it’s with a technical question or to troubleshoot a declined transaction. Before choosing a processor for your payment gateway API, ensure they’ll deliver a level of service that you would be proud to offer to your own customers.
A few things to look for include:
1. No automated phone systems—you want to make sure that when you or your clients need support, a helpful voice answers the phone right away.
2. A single point of contact for your partner relationship—this representative will be the steward of your portfolio, working to maintain and build on the relationships you already have with your clients.
Choosing a payment gateway API is, above all, a partnership, and your processor should consider every interaction an opportunity to strengthen that partnership.
It’s the digital age and more organizations are diversifying how they do business than ever before. Your payment gateway API should allow your developers to integrate omni-channel payments so clients can do business how they see fit. This includes supporting a variety of payment types, like ACH, debit, EMV, and more. This will allow you to stay competitive and offer whatever option(s) will best meet the needs of each individual client.
4. PCI Compliance Features
Choosing a secure payment gateway API is of the utmost importance, so look for a processor that takes PCI Compliance seriously. The last thing you want is to compromise client data with an insecure payment gateway. The API should have a full suite of security benefits, including point-to-point encryption (P2Pe), tokenization, and PA-DSS certification.
To safeguard your clients even further, a payment API accompanied by comprehensive PCI Compliance support will reduce the burden often strict PCI Compliance requirements place on your clients. This results in cost savings and risk reduction for your customers.
Your customers have unique needs, and you’ll need to diversify to meet them. But a payment gateway API doesn’t just benefit your customers—it benefits your bottom line. Click here to learn how integrated payments can boost your company’s revenue.
Now that you know what features your payment gateway API should have, it’s time to find the right processor! Whether you’re looking to add payment functionality to an invoicing software or your CRM, we have the tools to help. BASYS is your partner in payment processing. Give us a call today, or learn more about our partner program here.
BASYS Processing as a business partner
If your processor doesn’t offer seamless integration and an industry-leading revenue share, please call BASYS Processing at (800) 386-0711. Let’s talk about creating a true business partnership that will help you exceed your goals.
BASYS Processing features:
– User-friendly API allowing for seamless integration into your software
– Competitive revenue share with easy-to-read revenue share reports to track partnership growth
– Personalized customer solutions, including automated recurring billing, secure customer vaults, and more!
– A simple application process with the full support of our in-house Boarding team
– 90% + Customer Retention Rate
– Live operator when your merchant customers need support – no automated voice systems
– Dedicated Relationship Manager for questions and concerns
– Proactive contact with every merchant to walk through the annual PCI process
– Track record of successful software partnerships
– Thorough market analysis followed by mutual plans and goals to grow your portfolio
– High-quality service mentality, similar to your own
– Vested interest in protecting your software’s hard-earned reputation
– Open line of communication between BASYS, you, and your customers
– Quick response time for your questions and concerns; you are a priority
About BASYS Processing
BASYS Processing provides credit card and debit card processing services, and solutions that include terminals, virtual terminals, e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale, customized to fit any need. Banks, associations, and software partners depend on us to strengthen their reputations and relationships with their customers by providing remarkable service paired with ultimate flexibility and pricing. Merchants depend on us to make accepting credit cards and debit cards convenient, safe & affordable. BASYS was founded in 2002 on one philosophy: to take care of our merchants, partners, and employees so they never want to leave. We are dedicated to working one-on-one with our customers to design the perfect solution. BASYS is Personalized Payment Processing.
Learn more at basyspro.com, and connect with us online at: