04 Jan Make Your eCommerce Website More Credible with Card Brand Logos
As an eCommerce merchant, you want a low rate of abandoned carts. Unfortunately, the reality is that online shoppers abandon nearly 70% of their purchases during the sales process. However, you can do things to reduce abandonment rates and increase sales.
When addressing a high rate of abandoned carts, you first want to look at your website design, flow, and checkout process. You can do a lot with your website to make purchases more straightforward and encourage completing checkout with a full cart.
After you’ve done your due diligence examining and altering your overall website design, you may want to look at your credit card icons. Many people neglect to address this aspect of eCommerce website design. You want to make sure that:
1. You’ve placed credit card icons in appropriate areas
2. Your displayed credit card icons represent the payment methods you offer
3. The credit card icons you have are high-quality images
When shoppers see their payment options represented with high-quality credit card icons in well-placed locations, it adds a sense of legitimacy to the checkout experience and your brand in general.
Click here to download 130 free credit card icons and logos that you can use on your site.
Now that you have your free credit card icons, it’s time to determine where to place them on your site.
Many online shoppers look to the website footer when assessing their payment options. The footer is an excellent spot for card images because it’s centrally located and easy to find. Shoppers can glance down, see the available payment options, and know their preferred method is accepted.
Another common location for card icons is the checkout page. The checkout page is the cash register of your eCommerce site; it’s where people step up to pay for the items they want. When card images are on the checkout page, it reassures shoppers that they can trust your brand and that their transaction will be safe and secure.
When used correctly, credit card logos can reduce the number of abandoned carts and boost sales. When shoppers see big brand names like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express, they gain trust in your brand and reassurance that their transactions will be safe and secure.
Discover more ways to boost your eCommerce business with these 3 Easy Ways to Increase Sales Online.
BASYS Processing as a business partner
If your processor isn’t delivering top-notch customer service and strategies to help grow your program, please call BASYS Processing at (800) 386-0711. Let’s talk about creating a true business partnership that will help you meet and exceed your goals.
BASYS Processing features:
– 90% + Customer Retention Rate
– Live operator when your merchant customers need support – no automated voice systems
– Dedicated relationship manager for questions and concerns
– Proactive contact with every merchant to walk through the annual PCI process
– In-house PCI Team to assist with questions and concerns
– Founded by a family who previously owned a bank
– Track record of successful bank partnerships
– Thorough Market Analysis followed by mutual plans and goals to grow your portfolio
– High-quality service mentality, similar to your bank
– Vested interest in protecting your bank’s hard-earned reputation
– In-depth initial bank training
– On-going bank training via weekly call and boot-camp programs
– Open line of communication between BASYS, you, and your customers
– Quick response time for your questions and concerns; you are a priority
About BASYS Processing
BASYS Processing provides credit card and debit card processing services, and solutions that include terminals, virtual terminals, e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale, customized to fit any need. Banks, associations, and software partners depend on us to strengthen their reputations and relationships with their customers by providing remarkable service paired with ultimate flexibility and pricing. Merchants depend on us to make accepting credit cards and debit cards convenient, safe & affordable. BASYS was founded in 2002 on one philosophy: to take care of our merchants, partners, and employees so they never want to leave. We are dedicated to working one-on-one with our customers to design the perfect solution. BASYS is Personalized Payment Processing.
Learn more at basyspro.com, and connect with us online at: